NASSAU, The Bahamas -- Group B play in League C continues in Nassau at the Thomas Robinson National Stadium on Monday when the Bahamas make their debut against a Bonaire side that is flying high at the moment.
For the Baha Boyz, the match is an opportunity to build upon their current two-match home unbeaten streak, during which they have one win over the Turks and Caicos Islands and one draw with Anguilla.
The story for the Bahamas continues to be their duality. They have only won three competitive matches this decade, but the scorelines were something to behold. 6-0, 4-0, and 6-1 victories show that the Bahamas have the potential and the talent to put up incredible results.
Bonaire come into the game having won two in a row, both against the British Virgin Islands, including the group opener by a 4-2 scoreline earlier in the week. Both victories came late in the grueling heat, and Bonaire’s endurance and ability to pace themselves has proved invaluable.
Yurick Seinpaal became Bonaire’s all-time leading scorer in the previous match and will be on the hunt for even more goals in Nassau. Lesly St. Fleur, who played every minute for the Baha Boyz during qualifying, is their all-time top scorer with seven goals.
R: DE LEÇA, RICANGEL EMILIO NEMISIO (Aruba)
AR1: CUMMINGS, DWIGHT ALEXANDER (Cayman Islands)
AR2: MORA ARAYA, JUAN CARLOS (Costa Rica)
4th Official: ESCOBEDO GONZALEZ, ADONAI (Mexico)
- It will be the first time they meet at a CONCACAF tournament.
- Bahamas’ (BAH) Record in CNLQ: GP-4 D-1 L-3 (GF-1 GA-15).
- Scorers at the CNLQ: Nesly Jean (1).
- Best result at the CNLQ: 1-1 vs. Anguilla on Day 3, goals from Nesly Jean
- (BAH) and Glenville Rogers (AIA), at the Thomas Robinson Stadium (Nasáu, BAH).
- Bonaire’s (BOE) Record in CNL 2019-20: GP-1 W-1 D-0 L-0 (GF-4 GA-2).
- It debuted at the Concacaf Nations League with a 4-2 victory against the British Virgin Islands, at the Ergilio Hato Stadium (Willemstad, CUW). Goals scored by Edshel Martha x2, Yurick Seinpaal and Jursten Trinidad (BOE); Tyler Forbes x2 (VGB).
- Edshel Martha and Jursten Trinidad, scorers of three of the four goals of the win against the British Virgin Islands. They were the players with the most shots made (4 each).
- Bonaire, who coaches Brian Van Den Bergh, scored 100% of the goals at the CNL 2019-20 (4) in the second half.
- Goalkeeper Rishison Frans conceded two goals against VGB and had no saves.